Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting service suggests keeping and/or sharing particular content on a server administered by a hosting distributor. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's study them. In this way, you can conclude what you need, based on whether you'd like to build a site, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by certain web hosts, which enables you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free file hosting packages frequently involve ads by the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a given amount of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely improper interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allocate the workload between autonomous hosts of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web hosting services (email, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a variety of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some providers offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting type is suitable if you want to share a huge amount of images with chums or associates since the service is mostly free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to tackling your e-mail accounts. Some distributors offer web site hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an email hosting service. If you would like to have an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can create e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with several video clips and several hundred web site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting resources. Embedding the video will permit you to have as many video files as you want to without hassling about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to run a website. To a certain degree, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video files, etc. At Exclusive Hosting, for example, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated server hosting accounts that permit you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions based on the type of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for particular web content exclusively.